You just need to pay 1/3 of the training fee
These workshops are NITTP-eligible.
New Industrialisation and Technology Training Programme (NITTP) offers up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://nittp.vtc.edu.hk.
Following the initiatives announced in “The Chief Executive’s 2023 Policy Address” on 25 October 2023, please be informed that the “Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme” (RTTP) has been retitled to “New Industrialisation and Technology Training Programme” (NITTP).
Companies should submit their applications for training grant to the NITTP Secretariat with supporting documents via the online system (https://nittp.vtc.edu.hk/) at least 5 weeks before course commencement.
What is NITTP?
New Industrialisation and Technology Training Programme (NITTP) aims at subsidising local companies on a 2:1 matching basis to train their staff in advanced technologies, especially those related to “New Industrialisation”. To optimise its operation, a revamp to the administration of the NITTP has been introduced with effect from 30 October 2023. For further information regarding the NITTP, including guidance notes and application forms, please visit https://nittp.vtc.edu.hk
Each company is subject to a funding ceiling of HK$500,000 in each financial year at the course commencement date.
Eligibility for Companies & Employees
Companies applying for training grant under the NITTP should fulfill the following requirements:
- registered in Hong Kong under the Business Registration Ordinance (Cap. 310);
- must be a non-government and non-subvented organisation; and
- the employee nominated is a Hong Kong permanent resident under full-time employment of the company with the necessary background/experience relevant to the advanced technology.
The NITTP is overseen by the Innovation and Technology Training Board (ITTB) of the Vocational Training Council (VTC) and it reserves at all times the right to determine whether a company is eligible to apply for a training grant under the NITTP.
Training courses supported
They are two types of training courses supported by the NITTP.
- Public courses: They are open to the public for enrolment. Applications for course registration should be submitted by course providers.
- Tailor-made courses: They are designed for a particular company (or companies). Application for course approval should be submitted by the concerned company together with the training grant application.
Each company is subject to a funding ceiling of HK$500,000 in each financial year at the course commencement date. Companies should contribute no less than one-third of the actual training cost. A maximum amount of training grant for each course will be set out in the application approval but the actual training grant to be reimbursed will be subject to the actual expenditure. Deduction will be made for early bird discount or other discounts. The ITTB also reserves the right to approve a lower than the requested amount of training grant having regard to relevant factors (e.g. if the cost of passage to the nonlocal training venue deviates significantly from market price).
There is no limit on the number of eligible trainees from each company for each training course. Notwithstanding the above, trainees are not eligible for enrolling in same NITTP course more than once.
The NITTP is open for application throughout the year subject to the availability of fund.
For public courses, companies should send their applications for training grant to the Secretariat at least 5 weeks before course commencement. For tailor-made courses, companies should send their applications for training grant to the Secretariat at least eight weeks before course commencement.
For applying a training grant, the company should apply via the online system (https://nittp.vtc.edu.hk/) and provide the following documents to the Secretariat:
- a copy of the company’s valid Business Registration Certificate (Certificate should be valid as at the application date);
- a copy of the Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID) for each full-time employee nominated for the training;
- a copy of 3 months of Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) record for each employee nominated for the training. A full-time employee shall not be employed by more than one employer during the covering period;
- (i) documentary proof of academic qualification and proof of at least one year of work experience relevant to the advanced technology of the subject nominated course for each nominated employee who possesses a bachelor’s degree/higher diploma/ diploma or above qualification (Qualification Framework level 3 or above), or
- (ii) documentary proof of academic qualification and proof of at least two years of work experience relevant to advanced technology for other employee who could not meet the above academic qualification as stated in paragraph 13(d)(i);
- any other information deemed necessary to process the application by the NITTP Secretariat.
For details, please refer to NITTP Guidance Notes for Training Grant Applications. A list of registered public courses is available for reference. For tailor-made courses, companies should apply for course approval and training grants in one go. Late applications may not be processed and may be returned to the applicant.
Acknowledgement receipt will be sent to the company within seven working days. Companies should provide supplementary information upon request by the NITTP Secretariat. Follow-up site visits may be carried out by the NITTP Secretariat to the company after the application.
Vetting Procedures and Criteria
Upon receipt of all the necessary documents, applications will be vetted by the NITTP Secretariat.
Course vetting procedures and assessment criteria for public and tailor-made courses are stipulated in “Guidance Notes for Public Course and Tailor-made Course Applications” for details.
Notification of Application Result
Normally, the notification of application result to the company will be released not later than 25 working days upon satisfactory receipt of all required documents from the company. If the application is approved, the company will be notified of the approved maximum amount of training grant and the post-training administrative procedures. The actual amount of training grant will be subject to the actual training expenditure. Deduction will be made for early bird discount or other discounts.
Upon notification of the application result, the company should arrange the nominated employee to start training on the commencement date as indicated in the application.
Reimbursement of Training Grant
The following information is required to be submitted by the company to the NITTP Secretariat within two months after training completion for processing of the application for reimbursement:
- Training Grant Claim Form –
- Local course (Form 3A); or
- Non-local course (Form 3B);
- Confirmation of Training Completion and Payment (Form 4); and
- Trainee’s Survery.
- For non-local courses, the company should also submit the following –
- Training Report for each trainee (Form 5);
- Confirmation of Receipt of Subsistence Allowance (Form 6), where applicable; and
- Original of the return passage boarding pass(es)/ticket(s) and certified true copy of receipt(s), where applicable.
For details of the NITTP, please visit its website (https://nittp.vtc.edu.hk) and refer to the NITTP Guidance Notes for Training Grant Applications.
For us to inspect and adapt, please feel free to let us know if you have any particular needs and suggestions on workshop schedule and timing, thanks!
Have any questions?
Some of our public workshops are already listed as a NITTP registered public courses and available to you. We can also work with you on tailor-made workshops. Contact us to find out more.